Big "I" Members: $79
Workers’ compensation, as a coverage, is simple. A worker gets hurt, the work comp policy pays – theoretically. That’s the simple part. The more complicated areas of workers’ compensation involve the state laws and legal doctrines applicable to workers’ comp. Key areas of confusion are:
1. For whom is the insured actually responsible under workers’ comp laws?
2. Who counts as an employee?
3. What happens when employees travel out-of-state to work?
4. When should insured’s experience mod be combined?
5. What are some of the key premium audit problems?
Agents must be able to answer these questions when they arise. But there is much confusion and misinformation surrounding these topics.
This 2 hour Big "I" Virtual University session undertakes to introduce and answer these five questions to help prepare agents to better manage their client’s usual and unusual workers’ compensation exposures.