2020 Prelicensing Training School
In-Person Attendance Guidelines
Online (Live, Virtual Class) Attendance Guidelines
Course materials are included in your registration fee, with the course text distributed in print form the first day of class for in-person students and mailed for online students and the other texts will be distributed to students via email (or print for an additional $15, see below). You will receive:
- Life & Health OR Property & Casualty Insurance Study Manual published by ExamFX (only in print)
- Digital copy of Intermediary's Guide to Wisconsin Insurance Law, Published by the Office of the Commissioner of Insurance (printed, in office $8)
- Digital copy of State of Wisconsin Licensing Examination Candidate Handbook—Insurance (printed, in office $7)
On special request, course materials can be picked up early at the IIAW office. For an additional fee of $15 (cash or check only), paper copies of the WI Insurance Law Guide and the State of WI Licensing Examination Candidate Handbook can be purchased on the first day of class at the IIAW office.
Important Examination Information
For comprehensive examination information, please obtain a copy of the "Insurance Licensing Candidate Handbook" published by the Wisconsin Office of the Commissioner of Insurance.
- This booklet provides answers regarding who needs to complete prelicensing education, procedures for registering to take your examination(s), and instructions for completing the required criminal history check/fingerprinting. Answers to the most frequently asked questions can be found in the Candidate Handbook.
- Questions regarding licensing laws, specific exemptions and circumstances should be directed to the Office of the Commissioner of Insurance Licensing Section at 608-266-8699.
You may also contact PSI at 1-800-733-9267 or on the Web at https://home.psiexams.com/#/home.
IIAW School Code required for exam reservation: 10015134
Digital Fingerprinting for Resident License Applicants
Section Ins 6.59 (4) (a), Wis. Adm. Code., requires that any individual resident applying for a license or adding additional lines of authority to a current license submit fingerprints and criminal background check as a part of the application.
- Reservations can be made online at www.fieldprintwisconsin.com. At the time of reservation, applicants must enter the Fieldprint code: FPWIOCIInsurance.
Students requiring lodging will receive a special rate of $84 +tax at the Clarion Suites (2110 Rimrock Road, Madison, WI), two blocks from the IIAW office. Please call the hotel directly at (608) 284-1234 and ask for the Independent Insurance Agents of Wisconsin's discount.
Clarion Suites Central - Madison - Map
If necessary, cancellation requests must be received at least five business days prior to the scheduled event and will incur a $50.00 processing fee. Cancellations with less than five business days advance notice will not be eligible for a refund.
One-time registration transfers are accepted, however, transfer requests must be received with at least 5 business days advance notice. Transfer requests received with less than 5 business days notice will by approved on a case-by-case basis and will incur an additional fee. New course materials will not be distributed if already sent to prelicensing student.
In the event of hazardous conditions, the IIAW closure policy follows that of Madison schools (excludes two hour delays). If the IIAW does close during a week of class, the subsequent day will be made up on the Friday of the same week.
*The IIAW's prelicensing classes are not filed for continuing education credits.