2018 Prelicensing Training School Brochure
Course materials are included in your registration fee and will be distributed to students via email or print for an additional fee. You will receive:
- Life & Health OR Property & Casualty Insurance Study Manual published by ExamFX.
- Intermediary's Guide to Wisconsin Insurance Law, Published by the Office of the Commissioner of Insurance
- State of Wisconsin Licensing Examination Candidate Handbook—Insurance.
On special request, course materials can be picked up early at the IIAW office.
Important Examination Information
For comprehensive examination information, please obtain a copy of the "Insurance Licensing Candidate Handbook" published by the Wisconsin Office of the Commissioner of Insurance.
- This booklet provides answers regarding who needs to complete prelicensing education, procedures for registering to take your examination(s), and instructions for completing the required criminal history check/fingerprinting. Answers to the most frequently asked questions can be found in the Candidate Handbook.
- Questions regarding licensing laws, specific exemptions and circumstances should be directed to the Office of the Commissioner of Insurance Licensing Section at 608-266-8699.
You may also contact Prometric at (800) 341-3257 or on the Web at http://www.prometric.com/.
IIAW School Code required for exam reservation: 20621
Digital Fingerprinting for Resident License Applicants
Section Ins 6.59 (4) (a), Wis. Adm. Code., requires that any individual resident applying for a license or adding additional lines of authority to a current license submit fingerprints and criminal background check as a part of the application.
- Reservations can be made online at www.fieldprintwisconsin.com. At the time of reservation, applicants must enter the Fieldprint code: FPWIOCIInsurance.
Students requiring lodging will receive a special rate of $86 +tax at the Clarion Suites (2110 Rimrock Road, Madison, WI), two blocks from the IIAW office. Please call the hotel directly at (608) 284-1234 and ask for the Independent Insurance Agents of Wisconsin's discount.
Clarion Suites Central - Madison - Map
*The IIAW's prelicensing schools are not filed for continuing education credits.